Corporate communications practitioner with more than 10 years’ experience in writing, strategic planning, project management/implementation, media relations and social media strategies. Clients include scientists, writers, politicians and NGOs as well as high tech, energy and mining, real estate, waste management, and entertainment sectors. My specialties are issues management, community and stakeholder consultation, crisis communications, social media training and consulting and message development.
- Managed Wade Galloway’s successful bid for election to municipal government in Lethbridge, AB (2013). Developed an issues-based campaign that relied heavily on an infographics-based social media strategy.
- Led a group of home-based entrepreneurs in a 14-month local municipal governmnet relations campaign that ended a quarter century of fiscal discrimination in business licensing fees.
- Developed and implemented community and stakeholder relations program for the restart of two laid-up nuclear reactors at Bruce Power as required under the Canadian Environmental Assessment Act; acted as community liaison with local council and corporate spokesperson as required.
- Planned and executed strategic media relations programs including development of media materials, writing case studies, bylined articles and matte stories; served as key contact for media relations programs and drove media coverage through briefings, event management and leveraging user conferences; implemented proactive media relations programs to print and broadcast media including editorial and industry-related event calendars to ensure client presence, visibility and positioning and evaluated their effectiveness through media analysis against defined objectives.
- Extensive issues management and reactive media relations experience.
- Prepared clients for interviews; assisted in media training more than 150 clients, including key message development; wrote speeches for industry and analyst briefings, general announcements, and teleconferences.
- Content strategy creation and writing experience including: speeches; media releases; case studies; matte articles; fact sheets; corporate and product backgrounders; brochures; communications plans; media analyses and briefing documents; video scripts, web content.
- Developed and presented key messaging workshops for organizations struggling to define and articulate their brands.
- Early adopter of social media (blogging since 2006; tweeting since 2008). Created and delivered Social Media for NeoLuddites presentation to launch No Spin PR in 2008. Advocate of transparency, engagement and authenticity in all aspects of social media.
Photos: Resa McConaghy (and Ruth Seeley)
Web site redesign: Resa McConaghy
No Spin PR logo: Desktop Design Works/Laura Commuzzi